Sunday, October 2, 2016

Simplicity 3418 and Maggie's Spoonflower Robot Fabric

I'm so very in love with this little dress!
I used to make dresses like this for my girls when they were wee. Now I can make them for our Lily too!
This one is extra special because we've used the spoonflower fabric that we had printed from Maggie's robot drawing. This fabric was made for Maggs and we've never quite known what we were going to make from it. When Maggs and I saw this little dress pattern we knew it was the perfect make for the robots!

Can't wait to make more of these! I altered the pattern a wee bit to make it more wearable. I bound the inside of the collar with bias tape and made the ties at the back much thinner and shorter, but otherwise I left it as is.

The wee bit of lace at the collar and sleeve were from various family sewing boxes. 
Nice to add a bit of historical family sewing love.

Over all the finished dress is pretty spectacular!

Thirteen little buttons at the back.

No comments: